Here are some last minute things to think about before Ultra 2012…
- Have your money in your pocket before you get into the venue, the ATM charges are completely ridiculous… like 10 dollar pacha ridiculous. They rape you with the ticket, merchandise, water, alcohol, and food costs but they come back for seconds when they clean out your wallet the first time.
- Scout all the beverage stands for misters the first day, they will probably shut off the misters on day 3 if they have them, but until then buy a few water bottles and refill them at the misters to save serious cash. Water will be the cheapest drink you can buy, probably at $6 while beers and shots of liquor will be around $8-10 a piece.
- Try to avoid eating the food if you can, last year I bought a cold burger for 10 dollars and felt sick for an hour. Feeling sick through your first hour or two of UMF is a serious downer.
- Budget in a lot of money for merchandise if u want to buy some. All the vendors are money hungry vultures who pray on us googly eyed rave kids.
- I recommend grabbing some maps and scout the area before dropping too much of a good thing. Start slow, at least until you get the lay of the land. Its going to be 50,000 people bigger this time around.
- If you already have your supplies say no to all strangers when asked if you have/want… there will be some serious sketch balls in attendance. If u must utilize strangers, use discretion and good judgement in choosing your friends.
- Don’t even try to get to the front of the stage, not even worth it with thousands of people pushing behind you, much less tens of thousands.
- Make your artist schedule tentatively… you won’t follow it to the T. Have backups, sometimes you won’t be able to get into certain smaller tents.
- If they didn’t fix last years problems, certain tent’s sound will interfere with each other, don’t get pissed, just try to get closer to the speakers or look for another act.
Thats about it for now.